22 November 2015

Chapter 1 - Mags story


St.Brendan’s AC members share their personal stories and different experiences of getting fit and embracing new challenges in recent years.

Chapter 1 - Mags story

I am a mom of 2 and l work full time. My adventure with running began 3 years ago. l had always wished l could run but could never make the time  or find  the right motivation to get me started.

THE BEGINNING:
But for me that motivation came in the form of St.Brendan's AC, “Couch to 5K” Group!
I started with the “C25K”group in the Autumn of 2012 and together with our leaders we trained 3 times a week walking/running and increasing the run duration throughout the 8 week period.
We ran our first official 5K that December together as a group.
l will never forget that sense of achievement, closeness and sense of pride we felt as a group.
This was just the beginning, we continued our training 3 times weekly increasing our distance and varying the training from trail running (which l absolutely love), to mixed terrain- beach/speed work and easy-moderate runs. Nerves have turned to excitement with each run!


PRESENT:
l have taken part in many 5K, 10K, 10 miler and mini-marathons. This year we as a group challenged ourselves to Spin SW Sandstorm. All fantastic experiences!

Running keeps me fit and my mind healthy. l thrive on the buzz l get after a run!
l found training/running within a group to be very encouraging and positive. l have made and kept strong friendships through my running.
Being a good role model to my kids is important to me.

THE FUTURE:
My goal for the future is to enjoy every run and to encourage anybody who is thinking about beginning but doubting their ability to JUST GO FOR IT! l did and it has opened up a whole new friendly, healthy and happy world for me.

Mags

1 comment: